Things I miss from the US:

Bonita Springs
Paddle boarding
My dogs
Lakes
Traverse City
My family
Athens, Ohio
Root beer
Grocery shopping
My car
Going to the movies
Coney Island (the restaurants)
Salads
College
Corn on the cob
Running in my neighborhood
Doing yoga outside by the lake
Saturday morning breakfast with my family
Panera bread bagels
Swimming pools
Wearing shorts and tank tops
Taking my dogs for walks
Having internet access all the time
Asian restaurants, Indian, Thai, Chinese, etc.
Dinner at my granny's
Greenfield village
Apple orchards and cider mills
Great harvest bread company
Farmers markets
Good cheese varieties
Spending time in the south
My friends
Holland, Michigan
Kayaking
Dinners with mom that involved creme brûlée for dessert 
General tsao's and sweet and sour sauce
Heinz and hunts ketchup
Macaroni and cheese
Pedicures
Slurpees
My moms crepes with strawberries
My backyard, bonfires, hammocks, and the gazebo
My aloe plant
Olga's
The excitement for fall
Riding in my dad's jeep
Target
Morning Star brand fake meats
Having a tv
DSW
Craft stores
Clorox wipes
Going to yoga with my parents
British and Irish restaurants
Boxes of Kleenex
Craft fairs
Break and bake chocolate chip cookies
Cheeze Its 
Screen doors and windows
Flushing toilet paper
Rice krispy treats
My favorite blankets
Candles
World maps on my walls
Book stores
... and I already anticipate missing many upcoming holiday events- but I can't say I officially miss them yet- so I'm sure there will be further posts regarding Halloween and Thanksgiving, and the whole Holiday Season to come. 

Comments

  1. We also miss all those things with you nearby in it, even tho I know my part was very small on your list just having you near by -------even tho we did not see each other much it is/was always great to be able to call or drop by for a quick visit and I miss that most because of your bubbly personality and making me laugh.
    I think of all the war torn areas of the world and know that others are feeling the same loss as you are but you are also doing such a great service to the people you are working with and don't forget that.
    Love you, grannny

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Start of a Peruvian Adventure

Chicken Feed and Other Life Lessons

Fleas Are Not For Humans