Inca Kola

The biggest news in Peru this year is that Inca Kola was purchased by Coca Cola. Okay, maybe not the biggest news, but yes people do talk about it. Peru is the only country in the world where Coca Cola isn't the most popular processed beverage, and I can tell you why. Inca Kola is delicious. And, while, yes it's flavor packs quite the punch of sugar smack into your soul, it's actually quite good. Would I call it a thirst quencher? Not in the least. Yummy? Yes.

Inca Kola is often compared to the taste of bubble gum by Americans. I however disagree, while yes the smell somewhat resembles bubble gum, and the neon yellow color sure doesn't help put an end to that comparison, I've found a more accurate similarity. Inca Kola tastes like cream soda. It tastes just like super duper sweet cream soda. You already think cream soda is sweet? Try Inca Kola.

Peruvians love this stuff, and ya know what so do I, so call me Peruvian why don't ya. Though I must admit, at my very last table I ever worked at a university for my last job, sitting directly across from me was an international club's global soda tasting table. And yes they had Inca Kola, so yes, I first tried Inca Kola in the United States. I was reading a book about Peru, and Machu Picchu at the time (February of this year) and after I packed up my orange table cloth one final time, I had to stop and try that neon yellow bubbly sugar rush. I like to think that it was a symbolic gesture of what was to come in my life. From one job onto the next, from a university campus in Georgia, to drinking Inca Kola on the streets of Peru. Life is funny that way.

Tonight I found out the hard way the caffeine content of Inca Kola is quite high, after an exhausting day and a stress level that sure doesn't help, I somehow lay in bed hours later writing to tell you about the flavor of the yellow stuff. While I was looking for a pick me up to push through the end of my day, I was still hoping the end of my day was coming shortly. Instead, thanks to Inca Kola, here I am. 

...

This message brought to you by Inca Kola. 

25/07/17, 1:30 AM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Start of a Peruvian Adventure

Chicken Feed and Other Life Lessons

What I'm Thankful For