Host Sisters

Things that I use as a rule of measure that make me a good host sister:

-I will stay up an extra two hours to watch you color and make paper fans.

-I will help you learn to draw a clock for your homework.

-I will help you reach your ball when in landed on top of a pile of boxes you can’t reach.

-I will nearly give you an excuse to be a picky eater.

-I will make you feel smart when you know more Spanish than me.

-I will hum and dance along to whatever nonsense you’re humming and dancing to.

-I will laugh when you’re silly.

-I will notice your Frozen themed notebook, and take note that you are going to a Frozen themed birthday party this weekend, and note your excitement, and … I will remember 24 hours later, holy cow, I have a stack of DVDs in my bedroom… one of which is Frozen. (Because what 23-year-old doesn’t move to Peru and pack a Frozen DVD?) I will then proceed to check and see if my Frozen DVD can be played in Spanish… it can.

-I will then check the rest of my kids movies (okay… well some of them… yes, there are a lot) to see if they are in Spanish… yes they are.

-I will eventually offer for you to watch Frozen on my laptop, or Anastasia, or Trolls, or Lilo and Stitch, or Rio, or Moana.

So yes, indeed, if you are seven, I like to think I’m a good host sister, among other attributes.


06/07/17

Comments

  1. Ha, Ha, this made me smile. I know you are a good host sister especially when you are staying up an extra two hours to watch coloring and making fans. This made me think of when you were six or seven and we use to sew and how you made so many crazy things after the pillowcase lesson. I love those memories of the three of you sewing and your little host sister will also have good memories of you.
    Love ya muchly, granny

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Start of a Peruvian Adventure

Chicken Feed and Other Life Lessons

What I'm Thankful For